AMX / GPC Asia Pacific (“we”, “us” and “our”) understands how important it is to protect the personal information of our customers, business partners and other stakeholders that we interact with. We take care to comply with the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act and provide you with a level of comfort that the information you provide to us will be managed in accordance with law.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information from you which reasonably identifies you as an individual, including your name, email address, telephone number and billing address. If you are a customer, we may also collect your vehicle registration number.
How do we collect and store your personal information?
Your personal information will be securely stored by us, including in our data warehouses located in Australia and by selected third party providers located in Australia. Personal information relating to customers located in New Zealand may also be stored by us in Australia and New Zealand and by our selected third party providers in New Zealand.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information to:
1. process transactions, both in-store and online;
2. answer your questions, resolve your complaints and conduct investigations;
3. market and sell our products and promote our brands;
4. comply with any legal requirements;
5. procure goods and services;
6. conduct research to better understand and serve our customers and for statistical purposes;
7. communicate with you, including where we need to conduct a product recall;
8. prevent fraud, including services to protect your information; and
9. provide you with marketing offers and information about our brands.
If we want to use your personal information for other reasons, we will contact you and ask you for your consent.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to people and organisations:
1. that provide us with services to promote our products;
2. that carry out, or help us to carry out, our business activities including our agents, contractors and external advisors;
3. that maintain our information technology and payment system infrastructure; and
4. to whom we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Your personal information may also be disclosed by us to other people and organisations that you have consented to.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You have the right toaccess your personal information and require us to correct any of your personal information.
To access or correct your personal information, please Contact Us.
You can also contact us by writing to our Privacy Officer at:
1. GPC Asia Pacific Pty Limited (ABN 97 097 993 283) of 22 Enterprise Drive, Rowville, Victoria, 3178, Australia; or
2. GPC Asia Pacific Limited (Company No. 1158404) of 510 Mt Wellington Highway, Mount Wellington, Auckland, New Zealand.
How do you make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint regarding our use of your personal information, you can contact us.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can contact the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner or the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Who do you contact for further information?
309 Old Geelong Road03 9749 5208
Shop 1/550 South Gippsland Hwy03 8787 8700
Shop 5 / 477 Dorset Road03 9729 8000
Shop 3/31 Keilor Park Dr03 9331 5050
336 Cooper St03 9401 5411
5/1814 Sandgate Rd07 3265 7102
3385 Pacific Highway07 3442 8999
3/379 Morayfield Road07 5437 0410
356 Main North Road08 8359 8970